The Michigan Supreme Court implemented Administrative Order 2020-6 (April 7, 2020) which gave authority to judicial officers to conduct proceeding remotely.
- Download and become familiar with the program (Zoom, WebEx, etc) being used for the hearing, and test the video, microphone, and speaker controls.
- If you are having technical issues, please review any technical support provided by the program or application.
- Find a space that will have as few interruptions as possible. If you will be using video, make sure there is good lighting.
- The remote court hearing is a court proceeding and therefore an extension of the courtroom — appropriate conduct and attire is required. The judge has control over the proceedings and participants as if they were present in the actual courtroom.
- The information on the Notice of Hearing with Remote Participation form to join the remote hearing may only be used by you to participate in the hearing.