The Hillsdale County Department of Veteran's Affairs office will assist you in exploring and applying for a wide range of Veterans Administration benefits available to veterans, services members and their families.
Forms Assistance for Veterans
Call the Office of Veteran's Affairs (517) 437-3630 to speak with someone concerning the services that are available to you as a veteran. We can assist veteran's in filing for all Federal, State and County Veteran's benefits. Each VA benefit has its own eligibility requirements.
Other Veterans Services may include:
- Disability Benefits
Disability Compensation: You may be compensated if you are at least 10% disabled as a result of your military service.
Disability Pension: You may be paid a pension if you are a wartime veteran with limited income and are no longer able to work or are age 65 or older.
- Educational & Training Benefits The VA pays benefits to eligible veterans, dependents, reservists and service members while they are in approved training programs.
- Veteran's Treatment Court
- Home Loans The VA offers a number of home loan services to eligible veterans, some military personnel and certain spouses. We can assist you in obtaining a Certificate of Eligibility.
- Burial Benefits The VA offers certain benefits and services to honor our Nation's deceased veterans.
- Dependents' & Survivors' Benefits Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) is payable to survivors of services members who died on active duty, veterans who died from service-related disabilities, and certain veterans who were being paid 100% VA disability compensation at the time of death.
- Health Care VA Civilian Health and Medical Program (CHAMPAVA) shares the cost of medical services for eligible dependents and survivors of certain veterans.