Crime Victim Assistance
(517) 439-1419

Crime Victim Services Commission  |  Victim Information (VINE)  |  Domestic Harmony

There are programs in your area that provide emergency and medical services such as:

  • Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
  • Community Action Agency
  • Salvation Army
  • Hillsdale Hospital


The Crime Victim Services Commission is a program which helps pay out-out-of pocket medical expenses, lost earnings, funeral bills or financial support for people who suffer physical injury as a direct result of a crime.

Crime Victim Services Commission
320 South Walnut
Lansing, MI
48913 (517) 373-7373

Victim Information (VINE) MI-VINE is a service through which victims of crime can use the telephone or Internet to search for information about the custody status of their offender. They can register to receive telephone and e-mail notification when the offender’s custody status changes. 

Michigan VINE Online

(800) 770-7657

Domestic Harmony provides information about emergency shelter, counseling services, and the legal rights of domestic violence victims.

Domestic Harmony

Your legal rights include the right to go to court and file a petition requesting a personal protection order to protect you or other members of your household from domestic abuse, which could restrain or enjoin the abuser from the following:

  • Entering on the premises
  • Assaulting, attacking, beating, molesting or wounding you
  • Threatening to kill or physically injure you or another person
  • Removing minor children from you, except otherwise authorized by a custody or parenting time order issued by a court of competent jurisdiction
  • Engaging in stalking behaviors
  • Purchasing or possessing a firearm
  • Interfering with your efforts to remove your children or personal property from premises solely owned or leased by the abuser
  • Interfering with your place of employment or education or engaging in conduct that impairs your employment relationship or your employment or educational environment
  • Engaging in any other specific act or conduct that imposes upon or interferes with your personal liberty or that causes a reasonable apprehension of violence